Wednesday 5 September 2012

A quick trip to Boots

Heya!
So i headed on down to Boots to purchase a couple of my fav make up products as i had run out and to try out the new 'No7 Foundation Match Made Service'.



Ive always found it pretty hard to find a foundation which matches my exact skin colour, so when i heard about this new service i thought wooooooooo as i had a Boots with a No7 counter which was 5 mins away from me! Bascccccc, they use their Match Made Device to pretty much scan two sides of your face and then their device tells them what shade foundation matches you! I was so surprised after the woman told me what shade i was.. I have been buying my foundation there in the shade 'Ivory' for over a year and it turns out i was a few shades darker! I ended up buying my usual foundation but in my new shade 'Soft Rose' Ps. How cute are the bags?!

  

 
So this is my usual foundation and its the No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation and i absolutely love this. It gives me the right amount of coverage which i want (medium - full) without looking and feeling too heavy and gives a flawless finish. This foundation is best suited to those with normal/combination/oily skin as it helps to combat shine. I also really like the packaging of this product as it looks really sleek with the black pump etc although i would prefer it if the bottle was glass instead of plastic! It is fairly expensive at £13.50 compared to other high street foundations but it is worth it as it lasts a long time!



 As my mum bought herself a foundation too i was able to get something for free as it was 3 for 2 on all of the No7 products. I chose No7 High Shine Lip Gloss in the shade Bouquet which retails for £8.50! I chose this shade as it looks more like a natural shade compared to a statement gloss which i thought i would try for a change. (It looks kind of orange in the picture above but i can assure you it is a dark pink). This lip gloss tastes yummmmmmy but i'm not too fond on the applicator as it doesn't feel very smooth when you put it on and doesn't collect much of the product. But overall i love the finish of the product and the colour!




Lastly, i bought the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (AMEN for this product its amaze!!) I got it in Shade 2 - Light and it costs £4.19 which is a bargain i think! It gives really really good coverage on the areas which need it the most and you can wear this either by itself or on top of foundation. This product is really easy to blend and the applicator makes it easy to dab the product on your face. I sooooooo recommend this concealer!!

Katie x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!!
    Love you're blog post!!
    I am proudly to say I am you're first Follower!
    Please check mine too!
    See ya!!
    http://amakeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you so much!!
      I'll follow you back now x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey kate you have a great blog so far! I followed under Lauren on GFC!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following, i'll check out your blog now and follow you back X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because the admin of this web page is working, no
    doubt very rapidly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! All the comments get sent to my phone so i make sure i read them all and I check everyones blogs out X